In line with the way you are used to working with Permanent People, we will always strive to provide the most professional, up-to-date and ethical use of your data.
Permanent People is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Controller
Permanent People Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate.
For any questions in this, please contact email@example.com
What we use your data for
First and foremost, we will use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best recruitment experience for you.
We also need this data to understand your needs, and specifically for the following reasons: –
- We may use the information to improve our services to you.
- To contact you via email, text, WhatsApp or phone, about recruitment vacancies that we believe you may be interested in.
- Maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a candidate.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will obtain verbal consent before presenting your details to a client.
- In arranging interviews on your behalf, our clients will, from time-to-time, require some of your personal data. This will include:
- Telephone number for our client to contact you for a telephone interview
- Email address, postal address, Skype address – this can be for offers of employment, employment confirmation and for general communication throughout the recruitment process
- By submitting your CV to us via our website, email to any one of Permanent People’s email accounts, job boards and social media, we will handle your data responsibly and will only use it for the purposes of the recruitment process.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications and to apply for specific roles that Permanent People are recruiting for.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- Internal keeping of records – we hold data in a central area which is regulated by two third parties* who comply with GDPR
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT companies, accountants and other similar professionally outsourced services who carrying out professional services such as testing and development work on our business technology systems.
- The personal and sensitive personal information you provide us may be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if they require us to do so by law.
What we collect
We may collect your personal and sensitive personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
Permanent People take the security of the data that we hold and process very seriously, and as such, all data is secured by a third part IT business, who also comply with GDPR.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may have an affect on the business relationship and services that we are able to provide to you.
As Permanent People Ltd is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions: –
- Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place restrictions on us processing your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you would like a copy please submit your request by email to Paul@permanentpeople.co.uk or post to: 3rd Floor, Capital Tower Business Centre, Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AG
Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/