Watch out UK! Manchester is the new Hub of Recruitment.
Are you currently renting a shoebox size apartment in an expensive area and looking for a cheaper alternative?
Do you want to swap a packed, smoggy commute for a fresh and breezy tram?
Manchester is the place to be! A recent survey by Youthful Cities revealed that major cities were at risk of losing millennials in the next decade. 58% of the 15,000-people surveyed said they were planning to leave London in the next ten years because of the cost of living, limited employment opportunities and safety concerns, as an example.
The cost of living in Manchester is cheaper. On average, its 40% cheaper than the Capital. That means you can live somewhere larger for less, and you’ll be more likely to be able to buy a property. You’ll have more money left over for food, drinks, and nights out – which are cheaper there too!
Gender pay gap is lower in Manchester. In the UK, women earn 17.7% less than men, whilst in Manchester, that statistic is 9.6%. Sure, it’s still not where it should be – but it’s a step in the right direction.
Recruitment IS Booming!
Apart from a beach, Manchester has everything. Seeing an alteration in recent years, with the reinvention of current spaces and huge investment, it is one of the finest places in the UK to be in Recruitment and here’s why:
- Upward rising start-up scene. Manchester has the largest start-up rate in the North West with over 350 start-ups receiving £77,140,850 in the last 12 months!
- A thriving city. Manchester is in fact, the fastest growing British economy outside of London with a GDP of £28billion and home to over 2,000 foreign enterprises. There is high business freedom, strong commercial support packages and good access to business support with two accelerators and 5 science parks.
- Technology & communications. The technology and communication sector in Manchester was accountable for £1.9bn in 2013/14, making it the highest gross value added (GVA) outside of London for technology, retaining over 30,000 workers in the digital space.
- Foreign direct investment. According to the New Economy Think-tank, Manchester is the most widespread place for foreign direct investment outside London and is one of only three large cities (Leeds and London are the other two) with a higher portion of private sector jobs than the UK average.
- At the heart of the Northern Powerhouse. The Northern Powerhouse brings together 10.7m people, a quarter of which are living in Manchester. The region is responsible for 4.5m jobs (16% of total UK jobs), of which 27% are in Manchester, which is high above the other cities of the Northern Powerhouse.
- Lower prices. It’s good to know that whilst office rent is the second highest in the UK, it’s still nearly half as expensive as the Capital. Moreover, the cost of living in general (food, transport, groceries, entertainment, etc.) is cheaper than most cities (35% cheaper than the capital).
High In-Demand of Jobs Across Many Sectors
Nearly 30,000 jobs are being advertised right now in Manchester including:
As a leading REC (Recruitment Employment Confederation) accredited Rec2Rec, Permanent People work with a variety of excellent recruitment clients based in Manchester, finding them the top talent to fit perfectly into their ever-growing and expanding businesses.
Manchester has truly transformed itself into one of Europe’s most dynamic and stimulating cities to both live and work in, boasting a progressively diverse economy and a real sense of investor self-confidence. It is a striving city and is always developing itself as a centre of national and international significance, where businesses and residents alike benefit from the economic and social improvements.
The inflated costs of doing business in the Capital are now starting to bite and companies are starting to consider opening their businesses in the Manchester area. Moreover, should you be considering relocating to Manchester from another part of the UK, it is currently seeing the best house price growth in the country – growing by 8.8%!
There’s no better time than now to be working within Recruitment and it is one of the industries that is showing rapid growth in the world today. With Recruitment companies in Manchester that specialise within Engineering, Construction, Digital, Gaming, and Technology, there are endless opportunities. And I’m sure we are all aware, Technology influences every corporation and user every day – whether it be from software and security through to devices and entertainment – and there is absolutely no sign of it decelerating.
Technology depends on people with the creativity to come up with ideas and the expertise to build it (and make it work).
Guaranteed, there will be a significant increase in the number of Recruitment job opportunities in Manchester within Digital, IT, Construction, Technology etc… given them to be such thriving sectors – and this is even at a time when Brexit is creating a lot of uncertainty in the UK.
We won’t really understand the full effects of Brexit until it happens but what we do know, is that Technology firms are not being put off from hiring brilliant and talented candidates and for as long as companies continue to grow and start-ups launch in Manchester, we will see a massive increase in job openings.
There are a variety of Recruitment companies within Manchester that are ever-growing and looking to expand their businesses and we work with a variety of clients with over 30 – 40 current live vacancies available! Should you be looking for a new Recruitment role in the Manchester area, get in touch with Sheli Barton at Permanent People to discuss the roles further, or alternatively, visit our website at: www.permanentpeople.co.uk
Why Choose Manchester as a location to live and work?
Thanks to the individuals over at The Daily Touch (www.thedailytouch.com), here are a couple of advantages of relocating to and working in Manchester:
- It has all the benefits of a city, without the intimidating size.
- You can rent a penthouse apartment for the price of a ground floor studio in the Capital.
- The cost of living in general is a whole 40% cheaper than, for example London.
- It has the busiest bus route in Europe, so you’ll never wait too long for your bus to arrive.
- Its music scene is abundant and unrivalled.
- Not to mention the Warehouse Project, if you’re after something just a bit
- The Nightlife is equally diverse. No matter what you’re into, there’s a place for you.
- The vandalism is as friendly as the people.
- And it’s safe to make eye contact with people on public transport. You might even make a friend.
- The Northern Quarter is somewhere you definitely need to visit.
- Where there are bars and restaurants everywhere.
- And it’s home to some of Manchester’s best street art.
- Manchester has the largest student population in Europe.
- You can take the tram to work.
- And there’s a wheel there too!
- It’s a hub for other great Northern cities like Liverpool, Leeds & Sheffield.
- The BBC moved here, so it must be great.
- Football is at home in Manchester. The National Football museum is right in the city centre.
There is no better time than now if you are considered making a new recruitment career for yourself in Manchester!
Contact Permanent People today to discuss potential recruitment opportunities in Manchester!